Hello,
So, I started reading Tangerine...and found that I couldn't stop. I have read the whole book already. I won't ruin the ending, but this book is fantastic. I had no idea what to expect. I really thought it was going to be about some girl with the nickname, "Tangerine." Yep, I was wrong. I did notice that every time I see this book or think about it, I keep singing the song "Tangerine" by the Flaming Lips:
"I know who a girl who reminds me of Cher...she's always changing the color of her hair... she don't use nothing that you buy at the store... she likes her hair to be real orange... she uses tangerines tangerines..." Am I dating myself here?
I was doing my first field experience with a 7th grade English class last week. I had Tangerine with me. The teacher told me that his Honors English class read it and really enjoyed it. I hope everyone else does too. My husband kept laughing at me because I couldn't carry on a conversation with him yesterday until I finished the book. Poor guy...he is just not a "reader" though. It's too bad, because there is a lot of great books out there I bet he would enjoy.
So, last night I woke up at 3 am and I couldn't go back to sleep. As I was lying there, I kept thinking about this book. I am sad that I read to whole thing, because I really want to have more of it. Has anyone ever had that feeling when they have finished a book (and I don't mean text book...who would want to read more of them?) I guess that a part of me feels like Paul and I can see a lot of my own brother in Eric. My brother is older than me too and not always the nicest guy...especially lately, but that is a whole other drama. I think all of us have a little Paul in them... a little insecurity, wishing something was different about ourselves. However, we need to be happy with what we have because somewhere, someone else is worse off and would rather be more like us. I hope everyone is enjoying this book as much as I did. If not, give it a chance...it gets really good!
Monday, February 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment